Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Go Time! Tilling and Raking Our Soil

Saturday, my husband and I worked on getting our soil ready. We borrowed a tiller and went to work!

The "North Garden" which is shaded most of the day. It will be a perfect spot for the celery! 

There is a large rose bush by the South Garden that needs to be pruned very badly. Hopefully, we will have some beautiful roses by the front door this summer! 
Finished tilling!



This will be the "East Garden." It is a huge area where we will plant vegetables and herbs that can tolerate a little shade. 

My gorgeous husband working hard! :-) 
After my husband tilled, I raked out the soil. This was not as hard as tilling, but I did work up a bit of a sweat! Here are our prepared areas:



We were also given a very nice composter. This neat contraption has a crank so that the barrel can be turned a few times every day. I will try to add a little water to the mix every week as well. It will make the compost process more fun and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment