Monday, April 6, 2015

Our Garden - 2015

I went out on Saturday to break ground in the land that we will be using for our garden! I did not have a tiller available to me so I just used a spade. I didn't get much finished, but I plan to go out again in a few days and "hand till" a little more. Hopefully, my husband can help me this year at some point!
The un-tilled earth that I will be working with! Its about the same amount of space as last year, just arranged differently.
The lineup this year

Vegetables: 
Goji Berry                                  
Tomatoes: Mortgage Lifter and Climbing Tomatoes            
Zucchini                    
Carrots           
Bell Peppers          
Red Russian Kale              
Watermelon      
Green Beans                  
Hot Pepper Mix               
Pickling Cucumbers        
Blue Potatoes                               
Cylindra and Detroit Dark Red Beets 

Okra

Flowers:
Gaillardia, Arizona Red Shades             
Sweet Pea                                  
Coneflower, Purple                        
Coreopsis, Cherry Lemonade

Marigolds
Nasturtiums
Bee Balm

That's the plan! I may add more flowers as I plant. I am going to plant the flowers in the rows of vegetables this year instead of planting separate rows of flowers. I think the compost that we worked on making ALL LAST YEAR may finally be ready this year. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment